Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain: Privacy Statement
Who we are
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (Company Number 564717), Charities Regulation Authority (number 20200579) which has been granted charitable status (Charity Number CHY 22191), with its registered office at c/o Máirtín Ó Cadhain, Baile Liam, An Spidéal, Co. na Gaillimhe.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal contact data we have collected from you, or that you provide to us, has been or will be treated by us.
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain is committed to protecting your personal data and will comply with all applicable legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. For the purposes of GDPR, the data controller is Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain as defined above and having the address as defined above.
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal contact information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This privacy notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal contact data.
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain respects your privacy. We have only collected or will only collect your name and contact details and keep them on record. We will not give them to any other person or body, nor will we send them on or publish them in any way.
Our principal objective is that of an artistic, educational and cultural entity in order to promote the literary works of the famous Irish-language prose writer Máirtín Ó Cadhain (1906–1970) at local, national and international level, by providing information and other material about his life and literary works and organising or otherwise spearheading events to promote and discuss his work. In order to provide you with relevant information, and to respond to your requests, it is necessary that you provide us with your contact information or consent that we hold your contact details on file.
As set out above, Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain complies with GDPR regulations for the collection, use and retention of all personal data.
Information that we collect
Other than your name and contact details, Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain will not collect or store any other details about you.
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain records your personal contact information to provide you with information in relation to activities relating to the promotion of Máirtín Ó Cadhain’s literary works. We have not collected, nor do we intend to collect, any other personal data about you nor will we process your information in any way, other than to keep them on record.
You may give us personal contact data when you enquire about our activities, fill in forms at any of our events or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or any other means.
The type of personal data that we collect is as follows:
- Home Address.
- Email Address.
These contact details are, and will be, kept in an Excel file on the Secretary’s computer at the above address.
This information has been, and will continue to be, collected in the following ways:
- During events relating to the activities for which we were founded.
- Through direct enquires to the Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain board by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise in relation to the activities for which we were founded.
- By collecting contact details of academics, researchers and others who have shown interest in the literary works of Máirtín Ó Cadhain.
- Through other personal contact with Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain board members.
How we use your personal data
Generally, we may collect your data for one or more of the following:
- To respond to your request(s) for information relating to the activities for which we were founded.
- To provide you with updates in relation to the activities for which we were founded.
- To seek your support, financially or otherwise, in relation to the activities for which we were founded.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
Sharing and disclosing your personal information
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain will never disclose or share your contact data without your consent, unless required to do so by law or, when necessary, to protect the rights of Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain or its board members.
Data subjects’ rights
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain facilitates your rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedures.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification
- You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten
- You have the right to ask that the contact details we hold about you be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to ask that processing of your data be restricted.
- Right of portability
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling
- You also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review
- If we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
You have the right to access any personal contact details that Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain holds about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you.
- How long we intend to store your personal data.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. You have the right to be informed about any automated decision-making that we may plan to use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request, in order to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Consequences of not providing your data
You are not obligated to provide your contact details to Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain. Without them, however, we will be unable to keep you informed about our activities.
How long we keep your data
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain will retain your contact details for as long as is necessary to provide you with information in relation to our ongoing activities.
Lodging a complaint
If you are unsatisfied with how we have handled your contact details, you have the right to lodge a complaint with:
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain,
c/o Máirtín Ó Cadhain,
Co. na Gaillimhe,
E-mail: iontaobhas@outl ook.com
And/or the supervisory authority:
Data Protection Commissioner,
21 Fitzwilliam Square South,
Tel: +353 (0)1 761 104 800.
Changes to our privacy notice
Iontaobhas Uí Chadhain may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time. Thus we encourage you to check this notice regularly.
This Statement was last updated on 21st June 2019.